Step by step guide on how to Create Amazon IAM Users AWS CLI (Command Line Interface) Management Console. Creating IAM Users (AWS Command Line Interface). You can use the AWS CLI to create an IAM user. Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/.
To create an IAM user (AWS CLI)
Step 1: Create a user:
- aws iam create-user
- Related: Features of Cloud IAM – Identity & Access Management
Step 2: (Optional) Give the user access to the AWS Management Console.
This requires a password. You must also give the user the URL of your account’s sign-in page.
- aws iam create-login-profile
- Related: Enterprise Cloud Identity & Access Management (Google Cloud IAM)
Step 3: (Optional) Give the user programmatic access.
This requires access keys.
- (a). aws iam create-access-key.
- (b). Tools for Windows PowerShell: New-IAMAccessKey.
- (c). IAM API: CreateAccessKey.
This is your only opportunity to view or download the secret access keys, and you must provide this information to your users before they can use the AWS API. Save the user’s new access key ID and secret access key in a safe and secure place. You will not have access to the secret keys again after this step.
Step 4: Add the user to one or more groups.
How do you make an IAM group?
These are the direct steps for creating IAM Groups.
- Firstly, in the navigation pane, click Groups and then click Create New Group.
- Secondly, in the Group Name box, type the name of the group and then click Next Step.
- Thirdly, in the list of policies, select the check box for each policy that you want to apply o all members of the group.
- Finally, Click Create Group.
The groups that you specify should have attached policies that grant the appropriate permissions for the user.
- aws iam add-user-to-group
- Related: Types of Google Cloud IAM Roles – Identity Access Management
Step 5: (Optional) Attach a policy to the user that defines the user’s permissions.
Note: We recommend that you manage user permissions by adding the user to a group and attaching a policy to the group instead of attaching directly to a user.
- aws iam attach-user-policy
- Related: Register for Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider program
Step 6: (Optional) Add custom attributes to the user by attaching tags.
For more information, see Managing Tags on IAM Entities (AWS CLI or AWS API).
Step 7: (Optional) Give the user permission to manage their own security credentials.
For more information, see AWS: Allows MFA-Authenticated IAM Users to Manage Their Own Credentials on the My Security Credentials Page. That’s all.
Frequently Asked Questions about AWS CLI
How do I find my AWS user ID?
Finding Your AWS Account ID. To find your AWS account ID number on the AWS Management Console, choose Support on the navigation bar on the upper-right, and then choose Support Center. Your currently signed-in account number (ID) appears in the Support Center title bar.
How do I add a power user to AWS?
How to create an Amazon Web Services Power User account. This is the Solution:
- Create a Power Users AWS Group: Log on to your Amazon Web Services Management Console.
- Create a user: In the navigation pane, click Users, then click Create New Users.
- Assign the Power Users AWS group to the user: Under the Users section, select the user, then from User Actions, click Add User to Groups.
How do I give someone access to my AWS console?
This is how to add an Administrator to your Amazon AWS account
- Visit the IAM management console. goto http://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home#users.
- Click Create New Users.
- Give the new user Administrator Access.
- Select Administrator Access.
- Apply the policy.
- Give your teammate a password.
- Copy the password to your teammate.
- Provide instructions to your teammate for logging in.
How many users does AWS have?
Amazon’s AWS Is Now A $7.3B Business As It Passes 1M Active since 2015. Also, Andy Jassy, the SVP of AWS, today said that AWS has passed over 1 million active customers — those being businesses, not individuals. AWS revenues are booming, too: Overall, AWS is now a $7.3 billion business, he said, with the database business alone currently on a $1 billion revenue run rate.
Searches related to Creating IAM Users (AWS CLI)
1. aws iam cli
2. aws cli create access key
3. aws cli create user secret key
4. aws cli attach policy to user
5. aws cli create iam policy
6. aws console
7. aws cli create admin user
8. aws cli configure